I’ve talked a lot about balancing out relationships in your life. Looking at these concepts in black and white on paper can be very powerful. Here are the instructions for your Tuesday Tool:
1. Get a piece of paper and draw a circle in the middle. Inside the circle write YOUR name.
2. Draw circles outside of this circle to represent important people in your life. Use as many circles as you need. Write the names of these people in each circle. **Some people include pets.
3. Draw two lines connecting each outside circle to the circle with your name.
4. Draw arrows on the first line to represent how much you give (physically, emotionally, mentally). Use more or less arrows to express more or less time and effort.
5. Draw arrows on the second line to represent how much support your receive from each individual (physically, emotionally, mentally). Use more or less arrows to express more or less time and effort.
6. Evaluate the balance in your relationships.
Below is an example. What was is like for you to see these results on paper? Please share your thoughts in the comment section.